The Caves of Aegeus
Type of Tour: Day tour
Number of participants: 10 people
Start: 10:30 from the port of Agiokampos
Return: 17:00 to the port of Agiokampos
Price: €50 / Person
Available from: May - October
Route: Agiokampos - Veneto
Bring with you: swimming costume, camera, hat, sunscreen
1) Starting from the port of Agiokampos at 10:30am we begin heading south towards the caves in Veneto, a series of small and larger sea caves on the eastern coast of Pelion.
2) Leaving behind the port, we will sail close to the coast so visitors have the opportunity to admire the secluded beaches of Papakosta and Chrisi Ammos. Above the beaches you will see the evergreen former royal estates of Polydendri.
3) We will begin to approach the shore and our passengers will have the chance to photograph the old quarry and rock coming through the sea.
4) We continue the journey with a stop on the shore of a secluded beach, where you will have the opportunity to swim and snorke.
5) Our next stop will be at the huts of Alfonso, where we will hear the story about the first agritourism hospitality center from 1950.
6) From then on starts the cluster of caves of Veneto. We will sail near the coast as always for photo opportunities and we will stop at the large mythological cave of Peleus at approximatly 12:00pm.
7) In this cave was celebrated the marriage of Peleus and Thetis. We will stop here and drop anchor so our passengers will have the opportunity to dive into the waters of Peleus and swim beneath the dome of the cave.
8) After stopping for 30-40 minutes for the swim we continue along all other caves, which are smaller and anyone who wants will have the opportunity to use the canoe which we have on our boat.
9) We reach the final destination at 13:00, which is a beautiful, inaccessible beach where we will stay for one hour and enjoy a swim. There is a natural cove and our guests will have the opportunity also to see the 'fridge of nature', which is a source right next to the beach that gushes out cold water.
10) We begin our return at 14:00 and will head north, as always along the coastline.
11) At 14:40 we will stop for some free time in Kamari, a seaside village where visitors will have the opportunity to eat at some of the restaurants and fish taverns.
12) This stop will last for 2 hours and at 16:40. we will board the boat and head back to the port of Agiokampos, reaching it at approximately 17:00.
• Boat operator and tour guide
• Water and fruit on the boat
• Canoe for anyone wishing to enter the caves of Veneto
• Commemorative photographs
Transport to Agiokampos Port:
• Private vehicles
Tour Bonus - Offered by Stavento Sailing:
• Participants are entitled to €30 discount per person for boat rental
• Participants are entitled to €50 discount per person for all package holidays
• Participants are entitled to 10% discount for the next day trip
Tour Bonus - Offered by the Eos Traditional Guesthouse:
• Participants are entitled to €5/per day discount for accommodation in a double room
• Participants are entitled to €5/per day discount for accommodation in a triple room
• Participants are entitled to €10/per day discount for accommodation in a quadruple room
• Free transport to and from the port of Agiokampos
• Agios Nikolaos